Soho Chillin'…


Soho Chillin'... Soho Area of Hong Kong – Photograph From Foodpanda Magazine

It's been a good morning, I had a relaxed start, and headed out feeling good. After running a few errands around my neighbourhood lunch soon approached and I was starving, so I popped into Soho and ended up at a great little Mexican place called "El Taco Loco". Lunch agenda: Quesidilla Pollo Suprema with a Sol Cerveza to wash it down. Excellently priced and with friendly service, El Taco Loco is the perfect escape for homely Mexican interiors and tasty fast food. Sitting at the high bar by the window so that I could people watch while I hungrily scoffed my food I realised I had a spectator! A middle aged Chinese lady had stopped right opposite me, on the street outside the restaurant, and was taking a good, nosy look at my food. I figured she was just curious, so I tilted my food basket and showed her what was left of my meal. She smiled, nodded and continued her walk up the hilly road. 

I sat there for a while watching the usual hum of the Soho escalator taking people to their next stops. Soho is one of the best people watching spots on the island and had become one of my local haunts for watching and sketching.  

Fully satisfied with my food, and sufficiently stuffed, I left to go further up the hill to find my next pit-stop while I waited to meet my friends later on in the evening.



Staunton Wine Bar + Cafe, a popular outdoor drinking spot in Soho – Photograph from Open Rice

And so, it's been a few hours, and I've been happily planted at Staunton's Wine Bar + Cafe, catching up on some writing, reading and emails. Easter fever is definitely in swing. Soho is crowded with bodies and everyone is doing what young people in many cities do during this holiday. DRINK! The weekends copious boozing has started and is set to continue all night in a city that never sleeps. The city dwellers who are not jetting out of the island will be crowding the streets of Central, Wan Chai, Soho, and Lan Kwai Fong, just barely having recovered from last weekend's shenanigans of the  Rugby Seven's. Gulp, I almost can't keep up with these party animals. 

So, on that note I am off to order another beer and absorb the weekend fever. I'm meeting a friend here in 15 mins, and then we're heading to another friend's photography and art exhibition opening night, followed by a trip down memory lane at a Brick Lane'esqe bar. Happy Easter peeps. I'm missing all the commercial goodness of chocolate Easter egg heaven so feel free to send me one in the post! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad Walkers, Fake Fox Tails And Exercise Parks For The Elderly...

How To Accept Personal Change, Growth & The Person You Are Today

Hero Saved My Night!