Secret Playground In The Middle Of A Concrete Jungle!!


It was a Wednesday afternoon and I was walking back to my apartment from the Mid-Levels, thinking about what to do for the rest of the day when I stumbled upon this place.





Tucked away in an almost out of sight location, I had been walking past this a few days every week wondering what could be behind the wall of trees, thinking I should venture and explore someday. And so by doing that today, I couldn't believe what I found. Swings! Chess board like structures engraved onto solid stone block tables.



Cute little seating areas dotted all around a tiny playground...




The playground didn't really interest me much as it didn't have any slides big enough, and was missing a see saw.

But still, this was a precious find! And, delightfully deserted during the midday. Aside of a few maintenance staff, I was completely alone in this secret little garden. I must have been a sight, as the ladies sweeping up the grounds had stopped in their tracks, staring at me, laughing and whispering to each other, probably at the sight of a fully grown "hakwei" woman running around playing on the swings. But after a few minutes of watching the antics of a 'big kid' they shrugged their shoulders and returned back to their work.


And off course, it was only once I left the grounds that I saw this noticeboard stating clear rules. It wouldn't be a Hong Kong park without the 'dos and don'ts'. Aside of the 'No lying on benches' rule, I managed not to break any others. Ha! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Accept Personal Change, Growth & The Person You Are Today

Bad Walkers, Fake Fox Tails And Exercise Parks For The Elderly...

Hero Saved My Night!