Learning To Be Happy: How Visualisation Worked For Me


Visualisation: A postcard I picked up 7 years ago – Photograph from minalism

It's been a while since I last wrote here. So this is going to be a little re-cap of the time in between.

My life has been a constant adventure, and I'm blown away by how much more I learn about myself each day, week and year that goes by. It's been 1 year, 6 months, 14 days, and 3 hours since I set sail onto a whole new part of my life, moving to one of my favourite Thai islands, Koh Samui. 

What most of you don't know is that this last move has been a small dream of mine, since I was in my early 20's. I still have the postcard I found in a travel magazine 7 years ago, of a beautiful beach scene with the name of the beach written on the bottom right hand side of the card, "Haad Rin, Koh Phangan." 

I kept that postcard with me, throughout every move, from London to Hong Kong, and then to Bangkok, moving from one bedroom mirror to another, or being blue tac'd or taped to a wardrobe door or my desk at my office.


The living proof that visualisation works: A postcard I kept with me for 7 years – Photograph from minalism

It moved everywhere with me because that's what I wanted, to one day live in a place that looked just like it, a place that would make all the difficulties worth it, a place where I could let go and just be. 

I looked at that postcard almost everyday, while I was getting ready to go out, or sitting at my desk at work, thinking, "one day i'm gonna live there."

And so, here I am on the neighbouring island of that postcard, and I know that all the hard work and sacrifice was worth this. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Accept Personal Change, Growth & The Person You Are Today

Bad Walkers, Fake Fox Tails And Exercise Parks For The Elderly...

Hero Saved My Night!